A sunny time-out
20th March 2005
TIME AND TRAVEL
THE SUN IS WORKING LONGER!
Jiva said that London is experiencing strange weather in 2005. First, it snowed more than usual. Then it was usually warm the last two days. True enough, the temperature yesterday was a glorious 19 degrees!
It was cool, yet sunny enough to just don a T-shirt and jeans. Hanako’s male flatmates were all commenting how wonderful it was to look at the girls on the street walk past. All the jackets were off. So, it was basically a visual feast. I must admit the girls look great with the spaghetti straps, singlets and short skirts. And…everyone just seems a little happier.
IT”S FUNNY WE WILL NOT SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN
Demetris said the above on the green field at our college. He, Emma and I were sitting there, enjoying the late afternoon, looking at students playing soccer. It’s rare that Demetris could join us for a chat because he has to juggle work and studies. Any time left is spent with his wife. But the tutorial was extremely short that day so we had some spare time. For him, it’s a little breather between class and travelling home.
For me, it was just plain time-out before returning to my flat to clean the toilet! So, I was just “spaced out”. Here I was, not being able to believe my luck. My luck in basking in the sun with cool weather, my luck in just sitting there, doing nothing, my luck in being in London at all. And then Demetris said to both of us, “It’s funny we will not see each other again. After ten years, where will we be?”
I was determined to just stare into space, determined to NOT think anything and just enjoy the moment. So, I kind of ignored him. At this point, Emma (who’s feeling really lousy because of relationship problems) said, “I’ll be a crazy woman who lives alone with a house full of cats. I don’t go out except to get food for myself and my cats. And nobody dares to talk to me because I’m wonky.”
I looked at Emma and just smiled sympathetically. I did not know how to console her. I felt sorry that she was depressed but I was too selfish in savouring the moment that I did not address her problem.
She’s returning home for the Easter break. Hope she comes back happier.
TIME AND TRAVEL
THE SUN IS WORKING LONGER!
Jiva said that London is experiencing strange weather in 2005. First, it snowed more than usual. Then it was usually warm the last two days. True enough, the temperature yesterday was a glorious 19 degrees!
It was cool, yet sunny enough to just don a T-shirt and jeans. Hanako’s male flatmates were all commenting how wonderful it was to look at the girls on the street walk past. All the jackets were off. So, it was basically a visual feast. I must admit the girls look great with the spaghetti straps, singlets and short skirts. And…everyone just seems a little happier.
IT”S FUNNY WE WILL NOT SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN
Demetris said the above on the green field at our college. He, Emma and I were sitting there, enjoying the late afternoon, looking at students playing soccer. It’s rare that Demetris could join us for a chat because he has to juggle work and studies. Any time left is spent with his wife. But the tutorial was extremely short that day so we had some spare time. For him, it’s a little breather between class and travelling home.
For me, it was just plain time-out before returning to my flat to clean the toilet! So, I was just “spaced out”. Here I was, not being able to believe my luck. My luck in basking in the sun with cool weather, my luck in just sitting there, doing nothing, my luck in being in London at all. And then Demetris said to both of us, “It’s funny we will not see each other again. After ten years, where will we be?”
I was determined to just stare into space, determined to NOT think anything and just enjoy the moment. So, I kind of ignored him. At this point, Emma (who’s feeling really lousy because of relationship problems) said, “I’ll be a crazy woman who lives alone with a house full of cats. I don’t go out except to get food for myself and my cats. And nobody dares to talk to me because I’m wonky.”
I looked at Emma and just smiled sympathetically. I did not know how to console her. I felt sorry that she was depressed but I was too selfish in savouring the moment that I did not address her problem.
She’s returning home for the Easter break. Hope she comes back happier.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home