SP's Pride
30th March 2005
THE NEXT MS SINGAPORE FROM SP?
I check my SP email regularly and do so via the SP webpage. So, after Singapore Idol, will we produce another Singapore “celebrity”?
I must say she does look quite sweet from the photo – the Japanese “kawai” kind of sweet, the kind who would make teenage boys melt. Now, the problem is, what happens when she opens her mouth and speak? Maybe our LC staff should take on the task of training her? I have the perfect person in mind and she is my lovely, glamorous colleague who looks so good and poised all the time. And she speaks excellent English. She could even add a posh accent when needed! Anyone in my department would know who I am talking about.
Apparently, the contestant is not new to the media having been in numerous advertisements before. But no harm in some last-minute speech lessons, yeah? I don’t think any Singaporean should speak with a foreign accent on purpose (however guilty I may be :)). But if you are representing Singapore, the least is to make sure you speak properly.
AND WHEN IS THE NEXT SIM WONG HOO FROM SP COMING?
Demetris wanted to share some Greek song with us the other day. And he whipped out his MP3 player. I was happy to see that it was from Creative Technology! I told him, quite needlessly actually, “This is from Singapore.” and smiled. Hmmm… did not create much of an impact and he obviously did not share my pride. He just said, “yes”.
It’s nice to see Singapore’s product in other parts of the world, used by so many other people. Aside from producing Singapore Idols and Ms Singapores, maybe SP should feature potential Sim Wong Hoos and perhaps give some support for those who aspire to produce goods which travel more widely than our people.
THE NEXT MS SINGAPORE FROM SP?
I check my SP email regularly and do so via the SP webpage. So, after Singapore Idol, will we produce another Singapore “celebrity”?
I must say she does look quite sweet from the photo – the Japanese “kawai” kind of sweet, the kind who would make teenage boys melt. Now, the problem is, what happens when she opens her mouth and speak? Maybe our LC staff should take on the task of training her? I have the perfect person in mind and she is my lovely, glamorous colleague who looks so good and poised all the time. And she speaks excellent English. She could even add a posh accent when needed! Anyone in my department would know who I am talking about.
Apparently, the contestant is not new to the media having been in numerous advertisements before. But no harm in some last-minute speech lessons, yeah? I don’t think any Singaporean should speak with a foreign accent on purpose (however guilty I may be :)). But if you are representing Singapore, the least is to make sure you speak properly.
AND WHEN IS THE NEXT SIM WONG HOO FROM SP COMING?
Demetris wanted to share some Greek song with us the other day. And he whipped out his MP3 player. I was happy to see that it was from Creative Technology! I told him, quite needlessly actually, “This is from Singapore.” and smiled. Hmmm… did not create much of an impact and he obviously did not share my pride. He just said, “yes”.
It’s nice to see Singapore’s product in other parts of the world, used by so many other people. Aside from producing Singapore Idols and Ms Singapores, maybe SP should feature potential Sim Wong Hoos and perhaps give some support for those who aspire to produce goods which travel more widely than our people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home