Banking idiot
Have never liked numbers, have never liked Maths. In the same vein, Economics was certainly not one of my favourite subjects either. In fact, I dropped the subject in JC because I could not go beyond simple demand and supply.
However, because of this trip. I have learnt the basics of banking terms. Things I should already know, but cannot be bothered to find out. Tsk, Tsk. Not a good thing to admit, especially when I am a teacher. To say the least, I am a banking novice. I just do the basics -- credit money, transfer funds from one account to another, pay bills. The simple stuff.
But now, I know much more. Demand drafts, travellers' cheques, telegraphic transfers, direct debit, loan terms. Ask me abbout any of these and I can tell you exactly what they mean. I can even tell you the service/commission charges for some of these services.
I have always been a proponent of experiential learning. You learn best when you experience things. There you go, experiential learning for me.
However, because of this trip. I have learnt the basics of banking terms. Things I should already know, but cannot be bothered to find out. Tsk, Tsk. Not a good thing to admit, especially when I am a teacher. To say the least, I am a banking novice. I just do the basics -- credit money, transfer funds from one account to another, pay bills. The simple stuff.
But now, I know much more. Demand drafts, travellers' cheques, telegraphic transfers, direct debit, loan terms. Ask me abbout any of these and I can tell you exactly what they mean. I can even tell you the service/commission charges for some of these services.
I have always been a proponent of experiential learning. You learn best when you experience things. There you go, experiential learning for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home